Red Savvy Feeder
We love how this bright red stands out and sets your horse apart from the rest. Made with high tech polyethyline, this feeder will stand up to the harshest conditions for years of use. Replacement grates are available if you would need a different size grate opening. Grate opening sizes are based on your hay type.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The grate floats on top of the hay and goes down as the horse eats. The grate is held in place by heavy-duty fabric. This unique process allowed us to apply for a patent through the US Patent and Trade Office.
HOW MUCH DOES IT HOLD?
Up 18 lbs of grass hay or up to 23 lbs of thick hay such as alfalfa.
Your horse doesn't need that much per feeding? No worries - just put in the amount of hay that your horse needs. It works just as well with 10 lbs of hay.
Your horse will enjoy their forage 4 to 10 times longer than if thrown on the ground/floor.
- Metal nameplates can be personally engraved—see our accessories page for customization and pricing options
- It only weighs 25 lbs - it's super easy to take along
- Incredibly durable - This workhorse of a feeder is made of a strong, slightly flexible high tech poly material that horses just can't destroy - even in the cold winters of North Dakota!
- The grate is made out of the same safe, slightly flexible poly material - no chipped teeth here!
- Reduce the chance of ingesting sand, manure, urine-soaked bedding, rocks, parasites - you name it; the Savvy Feeder keeps the hay up off the ground.
- Allows your horse to forage in a natural head-down position, creating correct jaw alignment & chewing motion, and reduced risk of guttural pouch infection.
- Creates contentment and calmness when eating; eliminating boredom, nervousness and frustration.
- Prolongs feeding about 4-10 times as long as eating off the ground, reducing the chance of ulcers.
- No more seeing costly hay blow away by wind, or getting stomped on by our picky eaters!
- Spend time riding instead of cleaning up that pile of wasted hay!
- Reduce the chance of picking up the strangles bacteria, or other viruses by keeping your horse's hay contained.
- And best of all, it's SAFE! The grate is slightly flexible and is designed to give if a shoe or a foot was to catch. If there is extreme pressure, the grate will pop out of the feeder. We all know that accidents can happen and that no feeder is 'fool-proof' but we sure have done our best to make this the safest hay feeder possible. We use Savvy Feeders with our own herd, 24/7, 365.
Choose your grate size:
Small: Small replacement grate with 2.25" x 5" size openings. This small size is for super fine grass hay, such as Bermuda Costal and Teff hay.
Medium: Our original grate size with 2.75" x 6" size openings. This size is for most cool-season grass hays such as Timothy and Orchard and some finer grass alfalfa mix hay, not for very thick or coarse hay.
Large: Our grate size with 3.25" x 6" size openings. This size is for alfalfa and alfalfa mixes and for older horses who have difficulty grasping hay.
We invite you to browse through our store and shop with confidence.
Access amazing discounts for multiple feeder purchases. Just enter the quantity you would like to order and click on the update button. The new lower price will appear.
2 feeders = $289 each
3 feeders = $279 each
4 feeders = $269 each
5 feeders = $259 each
Feel free to call us anytime with questions or to order by phone. 701.793.7289
Seriously - a real person will answer your call.